As a blogger, have you ever wondered if business cards were necessary? The quick answer: blogging is a business and just like other businesses, it requires business cards. The increase in social media is what makes having a business card relevant. Even if you are not getting paid through your blog you are still providing others with some type of information. So promote yourself, your blog, and your services by opting to purchase business cards.
I am a budding Web developer and will be attending several conferences this summer relating to my profession. I felt it was time to network, and promote my blog through business cards. Like most, I did the grueling internet search to find the best deals and quality service. There is just so much to think about; logo, general design, and what type of information I wanted to display on my cards. I’ll admit I made the mistake of going with price more so than quality and chose a ready made logo and design. Yes, I do wish I can do a do-over especially since I found some of the most beautiful designs for just a few dollars more than I originally paid. When purchasing cards, think quality, simplicity, and relevancy. You would not want to have a business card with cute, little puppies on them specifically if you have a Web design/development blog. Here are some options to place on your card:
- The name of your blog or business
- Tag line (optional)
- Social media (Your Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc.)
- Email address
- Web site address
There are many business card companies on the internet so read the customer reviews before making your choice. During my research I read horror stories about a company that reprinted over used business cards and in addition to the lack of craftsmanship, the ink smeared to touch on other products–like mouse pads. So, do your research.
- Do Bloggers Need Business Cards (www.famousbloggers.net)
- Business Cards: A Must-Have for Bloggers (www.comluv.com)
- Why Bloggers Should Have Business Cards (www.bigb94.wordpress.com)
- Guide to Blogger Business Cards (www.momcomm.com/guide-to-blogger-business-cards/)
- 3 Quick Thoughts on Business Cards for Bloggers (www.tentblogger.com)
- Why Do Crafty Bloggers Need Business Cards (www.thecraftymummy.com)