Hello WordPres gurus. I just reviewed the WordPress new plugins page and wanted to see if any of you have used any of these updated or new plugins on your sites/development areas. Some of these were just updated today, so if you find one useful, let us know how it worked out for you, how you used it, etc.
- Slidorion – A slick combo of an image slider and an accordion, this plugin displays an image along with a variable length description and can be easily customized to fit your needs. It has options such as. transition easing, autoplay, effects (fading, sliding, overlapping, random), intervals between transitions, and more. You can create as many Slidorion’s as you want since they are all stored as separate entities.
- RBMA Radio Embed Shortcode – this plugin allows you to embed Red Bull Music Academy Radio Shows into your pages and articles. The Red Bull Music Academy is a world-travelling series of music workshops and festivals: a platform for those who make a difference in today’s musical landscape. There are many genres of music stations available from jazz, world music, rock, hip hop, and R & B.
- Inscore – displays free live sports scores on your website! Drop live scores on your sports related site from every league and conference.
- Twitchers - Twitcher allows people who visit your web site to post wildlife sightings and display them on a Google map. The plugin offers a front end google maps geotagging option. This is ideal for all of you wildlife enthusiasts.
- JQuery Popup – Create a nice popup from scratch using JQuery. You can display popups on the home page only, pages only, or a single page. This plugin also allows you to set cookies to control popup displays once per day or always display. The height and width can be set and the URL of the popup can be customized.
- Sidebar Manager Light – You can replace an existing sidebar (widget area) with a custom sidebar. The content of the new sidebar will be displayed on the exact same spot as the one you select to replace. Once created all custom sidebars will be available in Appearance -> Widgets. You can drop any number of widgets in any of your custom sidebars. Add as many sidebars (widget areas) as you need. Creating sidebars (widget areas) is unlimited.
These are just a few of the many, many plugins available. If you’ve used these or any of the ones available on the WordPress site, let us know. Give us a little insight on your problems, efforts, etc.